I have interviewed tons of women living in Texas about their dating experiences for the past year and a half. Below is the interview format that I more or less followed. I found it fascinating that those I talked to were open, honest and thrilled to have the opportunity to share their stories. I considered myself "Yelp" for Internet dating since it seems there is no way to negatively comment about or report bad dates, or even good ones, on dating sites? But there are people like me who will listen, commiserate and cheer women on! Although the stories are real, the names in the stories are not. That was the condition of writing this book. Although some of the women were strangers, I found that there was a sort of bonding from getting a glimpse into their world of online dating. Most of the women did not regret dating this way, and in fact, most confirmed that it's the most efficient way to date and the whole process seemed to benefit them, whether they found a match or not. Most, found themselves, which was far more important... Here is the format I followed:
- Your age and a little about yourself?
- How did you decide to try online dating and how long have you been doing it?
- How did you market yourself?
- What was your profile and did you write your own or did a friend write it?
- What was your most unusual/comical date?
- Where did you go?
- Did you have an exit plan and if yes, what was it?
- How did the date end?
- What is your advice/tip for other women?